Monday 18 November 2013

Model Landscape



This first experiment into small scale landscapes used architects models to construct the scene. Fake sheets of grass, fake lichen and fake small trees were used to create the small scale landscape. I took documentary shots to use as information in my project but did not take well thought out and constructed imagery. I felt that the scene did not work, I could tell this by eye and so felt it unnecessary to develop the scene further. My justification for this was in that the scene did not portray the intended meaning I had wanted. The method used proved to be too visually fake, and something that already contained its own connotations. As the tools used have been seen reproduced in model railway sets and architectural plans so often those contexts haunt the scene. The viewer would unintentionally bring the meanings they had from those already used scenes into my images, which is something I fervently opposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment